- Mosaic honored by the Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan as a part of the foundation’s 25th anniversary celebration of their efforts to improve the quality of life in the region. Mosaic was one of 25 Detroit-area organizations to receive $25,000 for operational support, and was honored in the category of Broadening Capacity.
- Mosaic receives $100,000 grant award from the Erb Family Foundation, one of the first grants made to arts and cultural organizations by the foundation
- Mosaic is one of two organizations to receive Bank of America’s first-ever Neighborhood Builders award in the Detroit market. A part of the company’s Neighborhood Excellence Initiative, organizations selected as Neighborhood Builders receive $200,000 in unrestricted operating support over two years.
- Mosaic Founder and CEO, Rick Sperling, was honored as one of The Detroit News’ 2008 Michiganians of the Year. One of ten individuals honored by the paper, Rick was recognized for inspiring self-discipline, a sense of teamwork and high personal standards in thousands of Metro Detroit Children through his work at Mosaic.
- Mosaic awarded $85,000 from the National Endowment for the Arts for its FY 09 Youth Ensemble and Intermediate Training Programs, the largest NEA grant given to any arts or cultural organization in Michigan;
- In October 2007, the Mosaic Singers released a double CD, We Shall Overcome, celebrating Mosaic Youth Theatre of Detroit's 15th Anniversary.
- Mosaic received New Detroit's Closing the Gap Award honoring youth development initiatives that promote the personal and leadership development of school-aged youth;
- Mosaic named as the inaugural recipient of the Community Leadership Award from the Wayne State University Office of Government and Community Affairs;
- Mosaic honored with The Rosalie Ginsberg Award for Outstanding Community Partner from the University of Michigan Department of Psychology Ginsberg Center; and
- Mosaic Founder and CEO Rick Sperling received the 15th annual Friends for Children Award from the Friends School in Detroit.
- Mosaic wins $50,000 at DTE Energy Foundation's 2008 Achieving Excellence Awards for accomplishments in Sustainability
- Completed Imagine Their Next Stage capital campaign/received Kresge Foundation $500,000 challenge money
- Mosaic Artistic Director, Ken Anderson selected as one of Crain's inaugural class of "20 in their 20's"
- With the expansion of the Education Department, Mosaic training programs reach over 1,000 young artists in FY07
- Named Crain's Detroit Business' 2007 Best-Managed Nonprofit
- And They Flew: The Story of Mosaic Youth Theatre wins the Michigan EMMY Award for Best Documentary Cultural, produced by Katherine Weider, Felicia Jamieson and Matthew Zacharias
- 2nd place in the Community/Church Choir competition of The National Association of Negro Musicians, Inc. International Spiritual Choral Competition
- The Historical Society of Michigan State History Award for Special Program
- The American Alliance for Theatre and Education's Ann Flagg Multicultural Award.
- The Youth Sports and Recreation Commission's Leonard Smith Award for
- National Conference for Community and Justice's William Beckham Community Service Award for The Children of Abraham Project
- Selected to participate in an international youth arts exchange in Dakar, Senegal
- Youth Sports and Recreation Commission's Leonard Smith Award for Organizational Excellence Honorable Mention for Outstanding Youth Services
- Recognized as Detroit Public Schools' Office of Career and Technical Education Cooperative Education Employer
- Recognized by the Michigan Veterans Foundation for "Dust Off 2003"
- Wayne County Commissioner's Distinguished Service Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Arts in Wayne County
- Publisher's Excellence Wilde Award from Between the Lines
- Selected to participate in an international youth arts exchange in Singapore
- The United States Conference of Mayors recognized Mosaic as an exemplary program reaching at-risk youth.
- Selected as the sole U.S. Representative to World Youth Theatre Festival in London, England.
- Acknowledged by Detroit Recreation Department for the EZ Arts Brigade Anti-Violence Program
- National Endowment of the Arts' Coming Up Taller Award - presented during a White House ceremony by the President's Committee on the Arts and Humanities
- The prestigious Governors' Award for Arts and Culture: One of only 3 Michigan cultural organization awardees - in recognition of Mosaic's "outstanding contributions regionally and statewide."
- Selected as the Sole U.S. Representative to the World Festival of Children's Theatre in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Detroit Monthly Magazine and Detroit CBS TV-62 Best of Detroit Award as the city's Best Role Model